My Beauty Luv Easy Peasy Homemade EGGNOG Recipe
Keep it clean and simple this holiday season with this healthy and easy homemade eggnog recipe! An upgrade to the classic, you can enjoy this nutrient-rich festive drink with no guilt - plus an added bit of our collagen makes it even more glorious. Try it virgin or spiked, plus there's also a dairy-free modification that's just as decadent!
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 cups full cream milk OR nut milk alternative of your choice
- 1 cup heavy cream OR full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon MBL Premium Collagen Powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia
- Add egg yolks to a large bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Add milk, heavy cream, collagen, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to a medium saucepan and bring just to a boil, whisking every so often.
- Remove from heat and gradually add the hot milk mixture into the eggs, just a little at a time to ensure your eggs don't cook.
- Return the combined mixture to the saucepan, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, or until your mixture reaches 160°C. Remove from the heat, remove cinnamon sticks and cloves, and pour into a large pitcher. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour. The eggnog will continue to thicken, so be sure to give it a good stir before serving.
- When ready to serve, taste for sweetness and add the desired amount of organic liquid stevia drops (I recommend somewhere between 5-10 drops). You can garnish each glass with fresh nutmeg and/or cinnamon if desired.
- OPTIONAL: Add a shot of whiskey or dark rum to each glass to make this an adult eggnog 😉
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Stir again before serving.
Now go and have a Merry and Blessed Festive Season everyone! xoxo